fennel red onion and blue cheese burgers
- 1 pound of ground turkey (7% fat) or lean ground beef
- ½ cup The Gracious Gourmet Fennel Red Onion Pesto (more for serving as a condiment, if desired)
- freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 4 ciabatta rolls or hamburger buns, sliced
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles (or four slices of cheddar or gruyere)
- Gently combine ground turkey or ground beef, The Gracious Gourmet’s Fennel Red Onion Spread, salt and pepper.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Grill or broil 3 to 4 minutes per side, turning once.
- Near the end of grilling or broiling, place a quarter of the cheese crumbles on top of the burgers to let the cheese melt (about 2 more minutes).
- Carefully remove from grill or oven and serve on rolls.
- Top with more Smoky Sherry Onion Spread before serving if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Share This: by
Click to Print Recipe