fig almond torte
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon double acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (10 ounces) The Gracious Gourmet Fig Almond Spread
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 ounce white chocolate, chopped and melted
- In large bowl of electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt, blend thoroughly into butter mixture (mixture will be crumbly).
- Grease 9-inch Pyrex pie plate. Spread half of crumb mixture (about 2 cups) evenly on bottom. Dollop spoonfuls of The Gracious Gourmet Fig Almond Spread on top, gently spread evenly. Mix remaining crumbs with almonds; spread on top of figs; pat down lightly.
- Bake at 375°F about 25 minutes, or until golden brown around edges, and firm to the touch. Cool on wire rack. Drizzle with melted white chocolate
Makes 8-10 servings.
Share This: by
Click to Print Recipe