wilted spinach and black olive salad
- 8 cups of baby spinach leaves, washed and thoroughly dried
- 3/4 cup thin sliced mushrooms
- 3 slices of bacon (reserving 2 tablespoons of the drippings)
- 1-½ tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of The Gracious Gourmet® Black Olive Tapenade
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon and place on a plate lined with paper towels to cool. Crumble bacon when cool and set to the side.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of drippings in the pan.
- Whisk vinegar, sugar and The Gracious Gourmet® Black Olive Tapenade into the skillet with the bacon drippings.
- Heat until very hot, but not boiling.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet and toss for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Turn off the burner and add the spinach to the skillet.
- Toss quickly and transfer the mixture to a large salad bowl.
- Top the salad with crumbled bacon and chopped eggs.
Share This: by
Click to Print Recipe