fennel and red onion roast beef panini
- 2 long thick slices of sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup The Gracious Gourmet Fennel and Red Onion Pesto
- 6 thin slices roast beef (3 ounces)
- 1 slices smoked mozzarella cheese (1 ounce) or provolone
- Spread The Gracious Gourmet Fennel and Red Onion Pesto on inside of both slices of bread. Layer beef and cheese on bottom half of bread. Top with top half. Sandwiches can be made in a panini press.
- If you are not using a panini press: Heat non-stick griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat. Place sandwiches on griddle; top with brick wrapped in aluminum foil (or place food cans in large skillet to weigh down sandwiches). Cook 2–3 minutes, turn, weigh down with brick and cook another 2 minutes, or until roll is slightly crispy and cheese has melted. Slice and serve immediately.
Share This: by
Click to Print Recipe