prosciutto panini with balsamic four-onion spread
- 2 ciabatta sandwich rolls, sliced
- 1/4 cup The Gracious Gourmet Balsamic Four-Onion Spread
- 4 thin slices prosciutto (2 ounces)
- 2 slices provolone cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons roasted red bell pepper strips (bottled or homemade)
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Open sandwich rolls; spread 1 tablespoon Balsamic Four-Onion Spread on inside of both halves.
- Layer prosciutto, cheese, roasted bell peppers and basil on bottom half of roll. Top with top half.
- Heat non-stick griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat. Place sandwiches on griddle; top with brick wrapped in aluminum foil (or place food cans in large skillet to weigh down sandwiches).
- Cook 2 – 3 minutes, turn, weigh down with brick and cook another 2 minutes, or until roll is slightly crispy and cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve immediately. (Sandwiches can also be made in a panini press).
Makes 2 servings.
Share This: by
Click to Print Recipe