portobello mushroom stuffed zucchini
- 6 medium zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise (2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/4 cups hot, cooked brown rice
- 1 jar (7 oz) Portobello Mushroom Tapenade
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablesppon Panko (Japenese style bread crumbs)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- With a small spoon, scoop out insides of zucchini and dice.
- Set aside the cored halves.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add diced zucchini; cook, stirring often, until tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in brown rice, Portobello Mushroom Tapenade, 1 cup of the cheese, egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Fill the zucchini with the rice mixture.
- Place in extra-large baking pan; fill pan with 1/4-inch boiling water.
- Bake at 375oF., 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese during last 10 minutes of baking.
Share This: by
Click to Print Recipe