portobello mushroom and rice soup
- 8 oz. mushrooms sliced
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Jar of Portobello Mushroom Tapenade
- 1 1/2 T butter
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a large saucepan, cook sliced mushrooms, chopped onions and minced garlic with the butter until soft.
- Add entire jar of Portobello Mushroom Tapenade and 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Add 1/4 cup of arborio rice and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes and until slightly thickened.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of heavy cream and heat until very hot.
- Serve with a swirl of extra virgin olive oil on top (optional).
Share This: by
Click to Print Recipe