hatch chile chicken tortilla soup
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (chopped in small pieces)
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes with juice (14 oz. can)
- 1/2 jar The Gracious Gourmet Hatch Chile Pesto
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups tortilla chips (broken)
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
- 1/2 cup sour cream for garnish (optional)
- Place first four ingredients in a three quart saucepan. Bring to a boil then turn down the heat to a simmer and cook until chicken is done (8-10 minutes).
- Adjust salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Spoon soup into deep bowls and garnish with broken tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese and a swirl of sour cream, if desired. Makes four servings.
Share This: by
Click to Print Recipe