grilled salmon with chipotle cherry sauce
- 1/2 cup The Gracious Gourmet Spiced Sour Cherry Spread
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2-1 teaspoon minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 2 salmon filets (6 – 8 oz. each, 1-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon tequila (optional)
- Stir together Spiced Sour Cherry Spread, orange juice and chipotle; pour into large zip-lock bag. Add salmon filets to bag; secure. Let stand at room temperature 10 – 15 minutes to marinade; turning once. Preheat broiler and spray broiler pan and rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- Broil salmon, turning once, about 11 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While salmon is cooking, transfer Chipotle Cherry Sauce to a small saucepan; bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, and stir in cilantro and tequila. Transfer salmon to serving plates; top with Chipotle Cherry Sauce and serve immediately.
Note: Chipotle Cherry Sauce can also be served with roast duck, pork or chicken.
Share This: by