fig almond pastry twists
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet (approx. 8 ounces), thawed according to package directions
- 1/2 cup The Gracious Gourmet Fig Almond Spread
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tablespoon orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 12 x 10-inch rectangle, carefully smoothing out folds in sheet. Cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into 4 strips (5 x 3-inch).
- Spread 1 tablespoon The Gracious Gourmet Fig Almond Spread down middle of each strip, leaving a 1/4” border on all sides. Fold each strip in half lengthwise, pressing edges and ends together. Twist each strip 3 times. Place on parchment-paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 425°F, 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to wire rack.
- Stir together powdered sugar, orange juice concentrate, and enough cream to make a glaze; brush onto warm pastries. Sprinkle with toasted almonds. Serve warm.
Makes 8 servings.
Share This: by
Click to Print Recipe