cremini mushroom pesto risotto
- 1 quart vegetable broth or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- 1 jar (7 oz.) The Gracious Gourmet Cremini Mushroom Pesto
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Heat broth in medium saucepan over low heat; bring to a simmer.
- Heat oil in 3 –4 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add rice to onions, cook, stirring until slightly toasted, 5 minutes.
- Add a ladle full of broth at a time, stirring frequently, adding more as broth is absorbed.
- Continue adding broth and cooking, stirring often, until rice is al dente, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in The Gracious Gourmet Cremini Mushroom Pesto and heavy cream and heat through.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in parmesan cheese to Cremini Mushroom Pesto Risotto. Serve immediately.
Share This: by
Click to Print Recipe