crab cakes with fennel red onion pesto
- 3/4 cup The Gracious Gourmet Fennel Red Onion Pesto
- 1 cup Panko (Japanese-style) bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pound cooked crab meat, well-drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- Combine 1/2 cup of the Fennel Red Onion Pesto, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of the mayonnaise and egg; stir together until well blended. Let sit 15 minutes. Stir in crab meat.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup bread crumbs onto baking sheet; form crab into 8 patties and place on top of bread crumbs. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs on top of patties; press down lightly. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Melt butter (in batches if necessary, or divide between 2 skillets), in large skillet over medium heat. Add crab cakes; cook 4 minutes on each side, turning carefully. Using heat-proof spatula, patch together any piece of crab cake that tears during turning.
- While crab cakes cook, stir together remaining 1/4 cup Fennel Red Onion Pesto and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise; serve with fennel red onion pesto crab cakes.
Share This: by
Click to Print Recipe