corn cakes with mushroom tapenade
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash ground cumin
- 1 cup fresh (or frozen, thawed) corn kernals
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (optional)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 large eggs, separated
- Melted butter
- 1/3 cup Portobello Mushroom Tapenade or Cremini Mushroom Pesto
- Sour cream
- Combine flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper and cumin in medium bowl.
- Combine corn, green onion and cilantro in bowl of food processor; cover and pulse until finely chopped but not blended.
- Stir corn mixture, egg yolks and 2 tablespoons melted butter into flour mixture.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into corn mixture.
- Heat non-stick griddle or shallow frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush with a little melted butter.
- Drop corn cake batter by 1/4-cupfuls onto griddle.
- Spread each cake into 3-1/2 –inch circle.
- Cook 2 minutes or until undersides are browned; flip and cook another 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat Portobello Mushroom Tapenade until warm. You can also use Cremini Mushroom Pesto
- Serve corn cakes immediately topped with Portobello Mushroom Tapenade and a dollop of sour cream.
Share This: by
Click to Print Recipe