Fig almond glazed duck
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 duck breast filets (7.5 ounces each),
- thawed if frozen
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Marsala
- 1/2 cup The Gracious Gourmet Fig Almond Spread
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-low heat. Score duck skin in 1-inch wide grid patterns using small paring knife. Add duck skin side down to skillet, season with salt and pepper. Cook, covered, about 8 minutes, turn, cover, and cook 8 minutes. Turn duck. Check internal temperature with thermometer, cook to 145°–150°F.
- Transfer duck to cutting board; tent with foil. Pour off drippings from pan, add Marsala to pan and return pan to heat. Cook over high heat to deglaze pan. Reduce heat to low; stir in Fig Almond Spread, bring to a simmer.
- Slice duck; drizzle with Fig Almond Sauce; serve immediately.
- Makes 4 servings.
The Gracious Gourmet https://www.thegraciousgourmet.com/